What has the Community Advisory Process Accomplished?
Please click on the tabs below to learn more about each phase and session we have gone through so far.
Step One: Form Core/Steering Team.
Superintendent, Treasurer, up to two Board Members, plus additional members as determined by School District)
Role: Provide guidance throughout process. Determine schedule, goals, logistics. Establish communications with OFCC representatives if advantageous to the School District. Advise on internal and external communications throughout process.
Step Two: Create Community Teams:
- Community Advisory Team (Facilitated by SHP): Team to meet monthly or as needed to understand, synthesize and advise on Facility Master Plan supported by the four pillars of Education, Facilities, Finance and Community Support. Team to be comprised of representative stakeholders from community, government, business, students and staff.
- Financial Advisory Team (Facilitated by School District): Team to review district finances and operations; Team to be represented on Community Advisory Team. Team to advise on impact of various facility options on district finance/operations.
- Educational Visioning Team (Facilitated by SHP): Team to recommend ideal/preferred organization/model for delivery of education (21st Century, Project-based, Collaborative, Technology Infused, future flexible) and advise on impact of various facility options on district curriculum and delivery of education; Team to be represented on Community Advisory Team.
Community Outreach Forum #1: Smith
GOAL: Update the community and outline the process moving forward. Survey those in attendance on the range of issues and positions.
Community Advisory Team Meeting #1
1. Introductions/Overview of Process
2. Review Strategic Plan
3. Review enrollment projections
4. Review facility assessments and properties owned by the District
5. Review Community Forum Survey
6. Develop conceptual facility master plan options
Community Advisory Team Meeting #2 at Helke
1. Review enrollment projections
2. Review facility assessments and properties owned by the District
3. Review refined facility master plan options
4. Identify additional facility master plan options
5. Evaluate facility master plan options
Community Outreach Forum #2 at Demmitt
Update the community on the process, the information shared with the Community Advisory Team, and the facility master plan options developed to date. Answer questions and survey those in attendance on the range of issues including support for the facility master plan options; encourage attendees to propose additional facility master plan options (9 options were presented; 4 additional options were requested).
Community Advisory Team Meeting #3 at Demmitt
1. Review Master Plan options with consideration of operational costs, educational/curriculum impact, sites and district values.
2. Evaluate facility master plan options
3. By consensus, reduced the facility master plan options to 6 options for further consideration.
Community Advisory Team Meeting #4 at Smith
1. Review master plan options with consideration of operational costs, educational/curriculum impact, sites, District Values, cost of Finance.
2. Consider further reducing facility master plan options by consensus in preparation for Community Forum #3.
Community Advisory Team Meeting #5 at Smith
1. Internal Concept Testing
2. Live polling of preferred options
- TBD: Community Advisory Team #6